This past week the stock market rose slightly and we recieved a good unemployment report. Let's take a look at the numbers:
Economic recap from the Week of September 29, 2014:
- The S&P 500 started the week at 1,948 and jumped to to 1,968, a 0.1% increase for the week.
- Personal income increased 0.3% in August
- The unemployment rate declined from 6.1% to 5.9%. This is the lowest level since July 2008.
- The economy added 248,000 jobs in September
- The ISM Manufacturing Index declined to 56.6 in September from 59.0 in August
What's coming up on the economic calendar for the week of October 6, 2014:
- The JOLTS report will be on Tuesday
- Jobless claims will be reported on Thursday
If you enjoy our economic summary, you can get economic updates e-mailed to you weekly by clicking the button below:
Our trusted source for all economic news is First Turst Portfolios out of Wheaton, IL. For greater insights on these figures check out their blog here.