This past week the stock market took a dive but we received some good housing news. Let's take a look at the numbers:
Economic updates from the Week of September 22, 2014:
- The S&P 500 started the week at 2,009 and dropped to 1,983, a 1.36% decline for the week.
- New single family home sales rose 18% in August. This is up 33% from a year ago.
- Existing home sales declined 1.8% in August. Sales were down in the West and South and up in the Northeast and Midwest
- New orders for durable goods fell 18.2% in August
What's coming up on the economic calendar for the week of September 29, 2014:
- Personal income will be reported on Monday
- The ISM manufacturing index will be reported on Wednesday
- The ADP employment report will be reported on Wednesday
- Jobless claims will be reported on Thursday
If you like what you're seeing, you can get economic updates e-mailed to you weekly by clicking the button below:
Our trusted source for all economic news is First Turst Portfolios out of Wheaton, IL. For greater insights on these figures check out their blog here.