Last week was a quiet week for economic news: The S&P 500 rose 0.40% and mortgage rates remained nearly unchanged from the week prior. This week we'll recieve announcements on CPI, PPI, Housing Starts, and Existing Home Sales.
Last week in the economy:
- The S&P 500 started the week at 2,032 and rose 0.40%, finishing the week at 2040.
- Jobless claims rose 12,000, up to 290,000. Claims have now been below 300,000 for 9 straight weeks.
- Retail sales increased 0.3% in October. Sales are up 4.1% from a year ago.
- Mortgage rates ended the week with little change
What's on the economic calendar for the week of November 17, 2014:
- Industrial Production numbers will be released on Monday
- The Producer Price Index (PPI) will be released on Tuesday
- Housing starts and the FOMC minutes will be released on Wednesday
- The consumer price index (CPI), Jobless claims, and existing home sales will be released on Thursday
If you enjoyed our economic review, you can get economic updates e-mailed to you weekly by clicking the button below:
Our trusted source for all economic news is First Turst Portfolios out of Wheaton, IL. For greater insights on these figures check out their blog here.