With Christmas last Thursday there was little movement in the markets. The stock market rose 0.89% from the week prior. Existing Home Sales are up 2.1% from a year ago.
Last week in the economy:
- The S&P 500 started the week at 2,070 and rose 0.89% to end the week at 2,089
- Real GDP was revised to a 5.0% annual rate from a prior estimate of 3.9%
- New Single Family Home Sales declined 1.6% in December. Sales are down 1.6% from a year ago.
- Existing Home Sales declined 6.1% in November, Sales are up 2.1% from a year ago.
What's on the economic calendar for the week of December 29, 2014:
- Wednesday: Jobless Claims will be released.
- Thursday: The markets are closed for New Years
- Friday: The ISM Manufacturing Index data will be released.
If you enjoyed our economic review, you can get economic updates e-mailed to you weekly by clicking the button below:
Our trusted source for all economic news is First Trust Portfolios out of Wheaton, IL. For greater insights on these figures check out their blog here.