This past week mortgage rates rose slightly, with the national average up 0.10% from the week prior. The stock market had another slight increase and the economy added 321,000 jobs in November.
Last week in the economy:
- The S&P 500 started the week at 2,068 and climbed 0.36% to end the week at 2,075
- The national average for mortgage rates rose slightly, 10 basis points (0.10%)
- The economy added 321,000 jobs in November, which was the largest increase since January 2012
- Non-Farm productivity is up 1% from the year prior
What's on the economic calendar for the week of December 8, 2014:
- Thursday: Jobless claims and Retail Sales will be released
- Friday: The Producer Price Index (PPI) will be released
If you enjoyed our economic review, you can get economic updates e-mailed to you weekly by clicking the button below:
Our trusted source for all economic news is First Turst Portfolios out of Wheaton, IL. For greater insights on these figures check out their blog here.