It was a quiet week in the economy. Retail sales dropped in January but are still up over 3% from a year ago. The stock market had another nice week, rising 2.02% from the week prior. Mortgage rates remained flat.
Last week in the economy:
- The S&P 500 started the week at 2,055 and rose 2.02% to end the week at 2,097.
- Mortgage rates (The national average) rose 0.01% (1 basis point) last week.
- Retail Sales dropped 0.8% in January. Sales are up 3.3% from a year ago.
What's on the economic calendar for the week of February 16, 2015
- Monday: All markets are closed for the President's Day holiday
- Wednesday: Housing Starts, the Producer Price Index, and Industrial Production will be released.
- Thursday: Jobless claims will be released
If you enjoyed our economic review, you can get economic updates e-mailed to you weekly by clicking the button below:
Our trusted source for all economic news is First Trust Portfolios out of Wheaton, IL. For greater insights on these figures check out their blog here.