The stock market was the big story this past week with the S&P 500 gaining 3.01%. Mortgage rates crept higher, with the national average rising 0.15% (15 basis points). We recieved positive economic news with increases in both jobs and personal income.
Last week in the economy:
- The S&P 500 started the week at 1,995 and rose 3.01% to end the week at 2,055
- Mortgage rates (The national average) rose 0.15% (15 basis points) last week.
- The economy added 257,000 jobs in January
- The ISM non-manufacturing index increased to 56.7 in January from 56.5 in December
- Personal income increase 0.3% in December. Personal income is up 4.5% from a year ago
What's on the economic calendar for the week of February 9, 2015
- Thursday: Jobless claims and retail sales will be released
If you enjoyed our economic review, you can get economic updates e-mailed to you weekly by clicking the button below:
Our trusted source for all economic news is First Trust Portfolios out of Wheaton, IL. For greater insights on these figures check out their blog here.